Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Job ID: CC-08
Closing Date: 06th June 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Courier Clerk based at our Wortley site, Leeds.
The purpose of this role is to provide our customers with effective courier solutions.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The completion of general administrative duties in all areas, including filing and the use of Microsoft Office programs
- A good telephone manner is essential as is general communication skills and email etiquette. You will be customer facing dealing with requests from our customers to find the right solution for their courier requirements.
- Customers’ courier requirements are varied so attention to detail is very important. Our customers requirements are global and the goods can vary from an envelope to fashion to car parts.
- Based on the customers’ requirements you will obtain quotes, make bookings, track the deliveries, give the customer updates and finally ensure the customers are invoiced and profitability is maintained.
- Courier clerk experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to use initiative and organise own workload
- Self motivated
- Good maths and written skills
- Strong IT skills – Word and Excel knowledge essential
Please note that the above list is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of all tasks and/or duties within the role of a Courier Clerk.
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.