Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Job ID: FIN-12
Closing Date: 31st May 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant based at our Head Office in Wortley. This is a full time position and you will be required to manage service levels whilst actioning opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency across the contract.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts.
- Detailed overhead variance analysis.
- Communicating and liaising with the operations team to raise the profile of finance, ensure effective budgeting and cost control whilst helping to develop a thorough understanding of departmental results.
- Develop and improve effective key performance indicator (KPI) reporting to improve performance and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Ongoing development of management information including effective cost centre reporting.
- Preparation of forecasts, budgets and tenders for new business.
- Assist in the gathering of information on departmental costs.
- Distribution/logistics background desirable.
- Latter stages/recently completed accountancy qualifications.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Up to date management accounting techniques.
- Understanding of a modern integrated accounting system.
- Sound business knowledge.
- Autonomous decision maker able to take ownership and control
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an improvement in the production of financial reporting.
Working hours | Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.