Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Closing Date: 12th January 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Freight Co-Ordinator based at our Head Office in Wortley. The role of Freight Co-Ordinator is to arranging international transportation and brokerage for our customers; work closely with internal teams and external vendors to ensure consignments are shipped, customs cleared and delivered on time, whilst maintaining cost-effectiveness and a quality service.
Main duties and responsibilities
What you do:
- Plan and manage export consignments by road, air and ocean.
- Plan and manage import consignments by road.
- Arrange customs clearance for both export and import consignments.
- Coordinate with carriers and logistics providers to ensure timely collection and delivery of goods.
- Monitor shipment progress and communicate any issues or delays to customers and management.
- Work closely with internal teams, including sales, warehouse and accounts teams to ensure seamless coordination of logistics.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, carriers and logistics providers.
- Negotiate freight rates with carriers and provide quotations to customers.
- Job billing.
- Investigate and resolve any sales or purchase ledger queries.
How you do it:
- Show up and do your best every day.
- Work in well organised way, competently completing your role’s requirements with minimum waste.
- Support your team by showing a willingness to do what’s asked of you.
- Be open-minded and treat people with respect.
- Consistently deliver on your promise and be a teammate your colleagues can count on.
- Be open and transparent with colleagues and customers.
- Seek opportunities to exceed customer expectations and make things simple, easier and more cost effective.
- Respond with determination and conscientiousness to challenges.
- Talk positively about Torque and its customers.
- Experience in logistics, transportation and arranging customs clearances.
- Familiarity with international transport and customs regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a good attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word etc), CDS, CNS, Destin8 and freight software. (Cargowise preferable)
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Able to work off own initiative as we well as part a team and organise workload efficiently.
- Basic understanding of route planning/optimisation
Working hours | Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.