Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Supervisor to join our team based at our Wakefield site.
Purpose of the role
Managing service levels, whilst actioning opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency across the contract.
Main duties and responsibilities
What you do:
- Managing and motivating a team to maximise productivity and minimise costs
- Managing initiatives and projects that impact efficiency
- Ensuring daily/weekly key performance indicators (KPIs) are maintained
- Developing work practices in order to improve efficiency
- Ensuring contract deadlines are met
- Communicating and implementing change
- Pro-actively managing staff discipline
- Complying with health and safety in accordance with company policies
- Covering in other areas of the business as required
How you do it:
- Approach work with energy, commitment, and diligence.
- Plan effectively for your team’s strengths. Always look for ways to reduce cost, waste, and have a positive environmental impact.
- Embrace change and new ideas. You see adversity as a chance to grow and help your team accept and meet change positively.
- Understand the importance of constructive criticism and receive it openly. Understand how your words and actions may impact others, learn new ways to effectively communicate and make people feel valued developing and maintaining positive internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Inspire confidence – use a creative approach to problem solving and to thinking ’outside the box’.
- Create an environment of trust. Have difficult conversations when necessary and proactively ensure alignment with Torque Policies.
- Keep up to date with industry innovations and opportunities. Use your knowledge to suggest changes that maximise revenue or improve processes
- Responsibly act when others will not. Focus on where you add value and trust others to do the same.
- Champion Torque. Approach work with excitement and curiosity, motivating others simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and in writing)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office and warehousing systems)
- Innovative, positive and pro-active approach to change
- Demonstrable experience with significant SKU profiles, handling high volume data and inventory management
- Ability to perform under pressure and use initiative to organise own workload
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Customer focused
- Flexible approach to work and able to work with changing demands (including shift patterns).
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.