Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Officer to join our team based at our multisite.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to implement the security department practices and procedures in order to protect the company’s property and personnel. Responsible for the protection of life, company property and its premises along with the prevention of loss and waste and the prevention and deterring of crime.
Main duties and responsibilities
What you do:
- Ensure manpower planning to ensure cover at all times and manage agency requirements.
- Accessing and egressing control of all vehicles, visitors and personnel by way of documentation and identification checks
- Padlock and seal control
- Conducting searches of personal, lockers and vehicles
- Key issue and control.
- Lost and found property control.
- CCTV monitoring.
- Patrolling of the site both physically and via CCTV to meet the following objectives: -
- Preventing and detecting theft, burglary and other criminal offences.
- Preventing and detecting fire and the reporting of any infringement of the fire regulations.
- Monitoring company rules and report any infringements.
- Monitoring accidents.
- Ensuring that all buildings on site are secured and alarmed.
- Accountable for driver compliance and action any infringements (liaising with Night Transport Manager).
How you do it:
- Show up and do your best every day.
- Work in well organised way, competently completing your role’s requirements with minimum waste.
- Support your team by showing a willingness to do what’s asked of you.
- Be open-minded and treat people with respect.
- Consistently deliver on your promise and be a teammate your colleagues can count on.
- Be open and transparent with colleagues and customers.
- Seek opportunities to exceed customer expectations and make things simple, easier and more cost effective.
- Respond with determination and conscientiousness to challenges.
- Talk positively about Torque and its customers.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing)
- A good level of numeracy
- An understanding of current health and safety regulations
- IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to use initiative and organise own workload
- Creative approach to problem solving and to thinking ’outside the box’
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands (including shift patterns)
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.