Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Closing Date: 23rd February 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Infrastructure Manager to join our team based at our Leeds, Wortley site.
Purpose of the role
This role revolves around providing crucial support in overseeing the stability, security and alignment of our IT landscape with business goals. Responsible for the management, installation, maintenance and security of the Torque ICT network. Managing IT Infrastructure team, providing support for both internal and external customers when required.
Main duties and responsibilities
What you do:
- Manage the overall Torque ICT network, including hardware and software infrastructure.
- Design, implement and look for ways to optimise IT infrastructures including servers, networks and storage.
- Administer Veeam B&R or similar backup and recovery systems and develop effective strategies for cloud based back up solutions.
- Manage data security and integrity by ensuring robust firewalls and access controls.
- Ensure up to date knowledge on emerging technologies and evaluate potential for implementation.
- Supporting Microsoft Office365 / SharePoint / AD and administering Azure and Azure-Stack infrastructure.
- Ensure IT service desk is managing workload within required SLA’s.
- Administer virtualisation platforms, such as VMware.
- Manage the IT infrastructure team through robust PDR’s, objective setting and training.
- Proactive people management, ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain and improve the documentation of IT service.
- Drive culture within your team and ensure the Torque values and behaviours are understood and lived by all.
- Ensure effective communication to both internal and external customers.
- Develop relationships with key contacts and stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead and implement change activities, projects and new initiatives.
- Assist in the creation of policies and processes for any external audit or accreditation.
- Undertake role as part of ISO committee and any additional task arising from it.
How you do it:
- Champion Torque. Approach work with excitement and curiosity, motivating others simultaneously. Keep up to date with industry innovations and opportunities. Use your knowledge to suggest changes that maximise revenue or improve processes
- Develop a safety culture within the operation, ensuring the highest standards of safety are met at all times.
- Create an environment of trust. Have difficult conversations when necessary and proactively ensure alignment with Torque Policies.
- Responsibly act when others will not. Focus on where you add value and trust others to do the same.
- Inspire confidence – use a creative approach to problem solving and to thinking ’outside the box’.
- Embrace change and new ideas. You see adversity as a chance to grow and help your team accept and meet change positively.
- Plan effectively for the team's strengths. Proactively manage team performance by conducting meaningful performance reviews, career development conversations and training and document appropriately.
- Approach work with energy, commitment, and diligence. Always look for ways to reduce cost, waste, and have a positive environmental impact with the ability to work under pressure
- Understand the importance of constructive criticism and receive it openly. Understand how your words and actions may impact others, learn new ways to effectively communicate and make people feel valued developing and maintaining positive internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing)
- 6+ years in multidisciplinary IT environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Business Domains, virtual and physical infrastructures, storage systems, network switching, Wi-Fi, VLANs, firewalls, infrastructure-wide monitoring tools, VPNs, VOIP solutions, backup and DR solutions, MDM software, antivirus solutions, security, encryption, and cloud services (Microsoft Office 365, Azure)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in a senior IT role with a focus on infrastructure and systems.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCNA, MCSE, and VMware are highly desirable.
- Working Knowledge of ISO27001, GDPR and ITIL (desirable)
- Creative approach to problem solving and to thinking ’outside the box’
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.