Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Warehouse and Transport Operations Manager
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse and Transport Operations Manager to join our team based at our Heston site, TW5 9NS.
Purpose of the role
Oversee the daily end to end warehouse and transport routines and procedures. Manage the customer relationship by maintaining service level agreements and meeting key performance indicators.
Main duties and responsibilities
What you do:
- Ensure manpower planning to ensure cover at all times and manage agency requirements.
- Complete ad hoc vehicle checks ensuring pre checks are completed and any anomalies are actioned and recorded.
- Accountable for ETSF bonded warehousing and custom procedures.
- Ensure accurate loading and processing of deliveries, reviewing and recovery planning where necessary.
- Manage the development and performance of the team through training and coaching.
- Manage and coordinate any activities that affect operational decisions.
- Set and work to budgets advising on any variances.
- Leads the health and safety agenda in your area and ensure all audits, checks and compliance routines are up to date.
- Provide clear and accurate communication to the customer on all points relating to the contract, ensuring timely responses.
- Work to achieve the KPIs and SLAs.
- Develop relationships with key contacts and stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead and implement change activities, projects and new initiatives.
- Ensure routine vehicle and FLT maintenance is scheduled.
- Complete security checks and staff searches weekly.
- Play an active part in wider site management duties
- Proactively manage unplanned absence and lateness to ensure minimal disruption to customer.
- Minimise cost by managing stock accuracy and loss.
- Identify opportunities to use systems to reduce manual input.
- Accountable for driver compliance and action any infringements (liaising with Night Transport Manager).
How you do it:
- Champion Torque. Approach work with excitement and curiosity, motivating others simultaneously. Keep up to date with industry innovations and opportunities. Use your knowledge to suggest changes that maximise revenue or improve processes
- Develop a safety culture within the operation, ensuring the highest standards of safety are met at all times.
- Create an environment of trust. Have difficult conversations when necessary and proactively ensure alignment with Torque Policies.
- Responsibly act when others will not. Focus on where you add value and trust others to do the same.
- Inspire confidence – use a creative approach to problem solving and to thinking ’outside the box’.
- Embrace change and new ideas. You see adversity as a chance to grow and help your team accept and meet change positively.
- Plan effectively for the team's strengths. Proactively manage team performance by conducting meaningful performance reviews, career development conversations and training and document appropriately.
- Approach work with energy, commitment, and diligence. Always look for ways to reduce cost, waste, and have a positive environmental impact with the ability to work under pressure
- Understand the importance of constructive criticism and receive it openly. Understand how your words and actions may impact others, learn new ways to effectively communicate and make people feel valued developing and maintaining positive internal and external relationships at all levels.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- Knowledgeable of current transportation and health and safety regulations
- IT skills (Microsoft Office and Warehousing Systems)
- An understanding of current health and safety regulations
- Understanding of basic employment law
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands (including shift patterns)
- 3+ Years’ experience of Transportation Management
- FLT Certificate – Desirable
- Driving Licence - Essential
- CPC Certificate – Desirable
- Basic understanding of route planning/optimisation
- Understanding of Freight Warehousing
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.