Torque provides exceptional opportunities for people to grow and advance, professionally and personally.
We offer benefits such as free onsite parking, company pension scheme and employee discounts across a range of retailers.
Send us your application and someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Send us your application and, if you are successful, someone will be in touch to advise you of next steps.
Job ID: WIG-24
Closing Date: 29th October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Supervisor to join our team based at our site in Wigan
Purpose of the role
Manage service levels whilst actioning opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency across the contract.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage and motivate a team to maximise productivity whilst minimising costs.
- Manage initiatives and projects that impact efficiency.
- Ensure daily/weekly key performance indicators (KPIs) are maintained.
- Develop work practices in order to improve efficiency.
- Ensure contract deadlines are met.
- Communicate and implement change through formal and informal processes and procedures.
- Ensure staff discipline is controlled through pro-active management.
- Health and safety compliance in accordance with company policies.
- Cover in other areas of the business during holidays or sickness as required.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office and warehousing systems)
- Innovative with a positive and pro-active approach to change
- Demonstrable experience of involvement with significant SKU profiles, handling high volume data and inventory management
- Ability to perform under pressure, use initiative to organise own workload
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Customer focused
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands (including shift patterns)
Please send us your details and CV if you have one. Don’t forget to include the Job ID below to ensure your details are passed to the correct department.